Sunday, May 4, 2008

Team Occisus Via Would Be Proud

I rode an almost Metric Century today - missed it by about half a mile but 'twas close enough for government work. Left from the Clermont Library and made it to Cleveland for lunch at The Creekside Deli. Left there and rode almost to Murrayville before cutting back across to Mt. Vernon and over to Clark's Bridge. You can look at the route - I took too many roads to give a complete description.
http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=149683
I had ridden the route near Murrayville last week and noticed this poor stuffed cow on the side of the road. It was in front of a house so I thought a child had just left it out there. Today, the poor animal was still there so I rescued it. It will, after a bit of cleaning up, be my primary animal on BRAG this year. A true "Rescued Cow" if ever there was one. As you can tell, it is missing one horn and upon closer inspection when I got home, it is missing its tail also. Bandaids will be in order unless someone can create and sew on a horn and tail.
In honor of one of my favorite ice cream brands, I am naming it Blue Bell. I hope Team Occisus Via from Columbia, SC will be proud of one of its ornery members.

Saturday morning (No, it was not raining at the start for those who went the week before), Richard Coggins and I rode from Lula doing the Lula to Yonah Homer Road route and over to Gillsville and back. About 4 miles into the ride, it started to sprinkle a bit but nothing serious. The rain seemed warmer than the weather. Much of the ride had wet roads but we missed the showers that wet them down. Given what the weather looked like early Saturday, the weather turned out to be much ado about nothing by the middle of the afternoon.
Next weekend, May 10th, is the Lula Assembly of Praise Century or shorter. I will be attending the graduation of my son Wesley at the University of West Georgia so won't make the ride. It is not too late to sign up at http://www.habershambicycles.com/. The meal after the ride is worth the fee, especially if my memory serves me right, Kelly makes that chicken salad again.

No comments: