Friday, May 9, 2008

Team Get Clean Jersey Debut

The long awaited Team Get Clean bicycle jersey was completed today by my friend, Trent Gaites, owner of Sportworx here in the Gainesville area. Get Clean is the Shaklee cleaning product line that has no toxic chemicals in any of the products. Thanks to Roger Barnett, owner of Shaklee, for allowing me to use the Get Clean clip art to create the jersey. Anyone wanting one should contact me and we can arrange with Trent to get your size and shipping address.

I wore it for the first time on the Lula Assembly of Praise 20 mile ride today. This ride was for the pastor, Scotty Poole, to be able to say he rode since he graduates from college tomorrow and would not be able to ride during the LAP Century. I was not going to be there due to Wes graduating from college. Friends Jim and Lisa Hancock also rode and could not be there on Saturday due to a family reunion.

We rode the route that brings us back up Moccasin Gap Road to Old Cornelia Highway and I averaged about 14.3 or so. One point on Moccasin Gap was 14% grade. At the end, for a couple of us, there was the special treat. Daisy had made her world famous chicken salad and I got my after ride meal (at least the sandwich) before leaving for the house. The chicken salad makes the ride worth it.

Matthew from TEAM UCBI was the ride leader. He rode the route on a single speed and did not have to walk up any of Moccasin Gap. I'm impressed!!! He even beat me in a short sprint going into Gillsville. Youth versus Age!

No comments: