Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ride or Fish - Hard Decision

Did about 25 miles today and passed by good friend, Charlie Lathem's place up in north Hall. He was out fishing so I decided to take a slight detour and pay him a visit. It is a rough life having a nice size pond, pool, lake (depends on where you are from in the US as to what you call it) just a couple of hundred feet from the front door of your home. Want fish for dinner? Step out the front door, fish for 10 minutes or so, clean them, and cook 'em up. Like I said, Rough Life!
Charlie was just pulling in a good size one when I got there and I did not get a picture of it. He threw out the bait about 3 more times and hauled in this nice sized bass. Claims he has caught most of them multiple times and that the big ones are so smart now that they won't take the bait. His daughter has named most of the fish or so he says.

He offered to go get me a pole and I could sit awhile and fish. But, being the dedicated cyclist that I am, I had to move on. Actually, if I had stayed much longer, my legs would have been so stiff that I could not have gotten back on the bike to go again.

No comments: