Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Bunny Ride - March 22, 2008

The morning started out a bit cool but by ride time at 11:15 or so, the temp had warmed up and it was quite pleasant. The start and end point was the Hulsey's farm out in the Murrayville area where our church, St. Paul UMC, was doing their annual Easter Egg Hunt in the afternoon.

The entire ride was pleasant temperature wise but I will say that when the cold front went through, this became what may be the hardest ride I have ever had. Going face first into at least 20 mph headwinds for approximately 10 to 15 miles of the ride just about killed me. I'll take either 3 Gap ride without the wind. I did make the 30 miles in time to do my assisgned duties of taking pictures at the egg hunt so all's well that ends well.

The scene below is just before getting to the end of the ride. Turkey, deer, balck bear, and I don't know what all. See end of post for a place with real animals.

Having Kayla and Brooklynn at the hunt was special. Here they are with Grandee aka Debbie, my bride of almost 33 years. Kayla is in the back.

Of course, no egg hunt is complete without a picture with the Easter Bunny. Here I am with Flopsy.

http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=139384

On some of the rides, I pass by the Chestatee Wildlife Refuge. Does make your head turn when you are riding along and see a big tiger through the woods. Thank goodness it is in a cage. There are also zebras and other exotic animals. What is even more interesting is that someone has put a planned subdivision right next door to the refuge. How would you like to wake up in the middle of the night listening to a lion or tiger roar?
http://www.chestateewildlife.com/

No comments: