Saturday, March 8, 2008

March Came In Like a Lion - Wish the Lamb Would Hurry

Early this morning, I woke up several times with the Weather Channel's Desktop severe weather alert sound going off with the loud thunder sound. Well, that brought out the old weatherman in me from back in the 60's when I took 2 college meteorology courses plus served 3 years in the Air Force's Air Weather Service. So, camera in hand, I headed out to record the aftermath of the days events on those of us who bicycle.

My first stop was at Habersham Bicycles and you can review the report from there. The video capability of my digital camera is not too good but you can get the picture so to speak. I was going to set up the camera on the tripod and record from in front of it just like those guys do when the go hurricane chasing or whatever but the tripod kept trying to blow over. Guess I'll have to do like the professionals do and get me a crew. The audio is not great because the wind was blowing so hard into the mini-mike on the camera. Suffice it to say, all bicycle rides from Habersham Bicycles were cancelled today.

Brody, Joe's mechanic, had volunteered to come out and let his hair blow in the wind but I did not want to scare everyone away from shopping with Joe so refused his offer. Hey Brody - just kidding.

After leaving Habersham Bicycles, I decided to make a run up toward Neel's Gap to document the weather in that area. I made it to Turner's Corner and was able to record a bit better since the wind was being blocked by the hills. That report is below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phil Loveless...is that you doing the commentary? Bless you little pea-pickin' heart, you haven't lost your Texas accent (Thank you, Lord!) since you left Pittsburg. Your OLD school chum...Suzie