Saturday, November 10, 2007

Kayla's Birthday and my 50 Mile Cool Ride

Well, the weekend of 11/3-4 did not see me getting in any miles toward the 2007 in 2007 goal. But that was OK since we traveled to Tennessee to see the two grand daughters. Kayla turned 5 and what is more appropriate for a birthday picture than one showing the cake with all the candles along side the pile of loot. This followed an outing to Chucky Cheese for pizza and games.


Of course, sister Brooklynn wants to be involved and she will be turning 2 in December. Oh boy, another party!

On Sunday, it was off to see Kayla's last soccer game of the season. She had just taken a goal kick and notice the eye on the ball as she follows it. Her father is an assistant coach. This is justice since I spent several years coaching his team and driving all over creation to games when he made a select team. Ah, the good old days!

End of game medals for all and Kayla with a couple of her teammates. A good time was had by all.
Now, for the serious stuff. Saturday, November 10th. I waited for the weather to warm up a bit before hitting the road for a 50 mile plus ride. Rode all over the place to get in 50. The link is a map of the ride in case you want to vicariously join me. http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=117348
Picture below is another view of Mt. Yonah from the sotheast. I'll eventually ride on the north side and get a view of it from that side. It was a beautiful day but a little windy which brought down the wind chill factor. Must make a trip to REI to get leg and arm warmers if I am going to continue this insanity all winter.

Sign below says it all after I finished the ride. As I finished the ride, I got to meet Docskeet who frequently posts his rides on www.allsportgps.com. Had wanted to meet him since he does some interesting rides also.

No comments: