Sunday, October 21, 2007

Photos From My Excursions


Well, it is not everyday you see an Oreo Cow while riding bicycles or a POS Blazer for that matter if you are Cousin Paul. This Oreo Cow was over in the Charlotte, NC area. BRAG Spring Tuneup has a route in Madison, GA that goes by an Oreo Cow farm. I have not been on that ride so this was a first for me. Check out this link to see a big collection of the Belted Galloway breed on a ranch in Chapel Hill, Texas (where else would a Texas boy lost in Georgia send you). Be sure to have your speakers on for an old country western song that goes with the web site. http://hometown.aol.com/twoblueapache/page1.html

While we are on cows, this big Texas style Longhorn is lost in Clermont, GA next door to where I park to ride. Or, is that Park and Ride? There are several of them but this was the best picture. He seemed friendly but there was an electric fence about 3 feet inside the main fence and he would not get close enough to get a nose rub. My Uncle Homer, aka Knot, owned a rodeo in east Texas when I was much younger. He had some Brahma Bulls that were sort of mean. I can remember going to the rodeo but he closed it down when I was probably 6 or 7. He continued to raise riding stock for some time after that. You can still see the outline of the rodeo arena on Google Earth if you find Texas FM 21 and a hard left turn between Blodget and Macon. The outline is just north of the left turn showing as an oval tree line.




I rode yesterday and today logging in about 85 miles. The wind was in the 10 to 20 mile per hour range on both days which made some of the riding a bit tough, at least for an Old Phodge like me. The picture is a scenic view in north Hall County looking north toward the mountains. Rough life here in northeast Georgia - I may retire and move further north in a year or two. This is the link to the 50 miles ride I did on Saturday. http://www.allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=112171

No comments: