Monday, March 23, 2009

Kayla Day 2 Ride - Peach Orchard Special

This ride took place on Sunday, March 22. Today, the 23rd was a rest day for Kayla. I think we wore her out on Saturday and Sunday. She slept in until 10 AM this morning and I had to wake her up then to get her moving. We are riding tomorrow from Gillsville on one of the famous Jennie's Cafe Loops. Hope to get in close to 20 miles but who knows. All I can say, she is doing a whole lot better on her first 2 rides of any distance than I did. My first ride back about 5 years ago was 9 miles and I thought I was going to die. Kayla, as of today, has ridden about 46 miles, not counting whatever she has done on her bicycle.

Had some help on this ride. Debbie aka Grandee went. We rode from Lula to Alto and returned. Did a short side trip along County Line Road as we got into Lula and got a shot of Kayla at the edge of one of the peach orchards which are in full bloom.

Will definitely be back at Jaemore Farmers Market when the peaches come in.

No comments: