Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jeannie's Cafe Loop Ride - Gillsville, GA

Could have titled this ride "Against the Wind"

Downtown Gillsville, GA - 9 AM Saturday morning. All activity is at the end of the buildings in the little white building that was the post office when I moved here in 1979 and served as a bank before that. The old vault door is still there. More about Jeannie's Cafe at the end.

Someone's old home place on Curtis Segars Road. House is behind the tree and almost overgrown.

Part of that long winding highway, where I'm bound, I don't know. And that was the truth at this point. I altered my route on one of the Wonder Where This Road Comes Out routines. Actually came out somewhere that I recognized unlike last Thursday's ride.

The one lane bridge on Dixon Road. There is enough room for a car and a bicycle if the bicycle is stopped over on the far side of the bridge.

Chicken Condo Development just up the road from the one lane bridge.

Jeannie's Cafe in downtown Gillsville, GA. Open 6 AM to 8 PM during the week and untill 2 PM on Saturday. Good victuals (vittles, grub for you cowboys). Definitely get your money's worth and more. Lunch conversation revolved around gardens and crops in the area. We are taking bets on one gentleman's tomato trees which have only reached about 3 feet tall at this point. No one is betting that it will grow to be a tree as shown in the advertisements.
A parting shot. Sorry for my GA Tech friends but the bottom sentiment was just too much to pass up, what being a Florida State Seminole and all. Also reminded me of my renewal process at work.

No comments: