Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bernie Got A New Bicycle

Well, things have improved for Bernie with the recent arrival of his new Trek 2100. I think he would tell you that it sure beats riding a mountain bike on the roads. We did a 23 mile ride after lunch last Saturday (after the morning storms and threats of storms had passed). Rode from Murrayville and took it easy although there were a couple of steeeeep hills in the route.
A scenic view of the long road ahead or was it behind? The weather cleared up as we rode and turned out to be a great afternoon!
I rode again on Monday and Wednesday evening after work. The picture below is another view of Waukau Mountain from the intersection of Ransom Free and Kenimer. Nice driveway! Ended up with a nice ride almost into Murrayville if you don't count the portion I had to ride on Highway 60 due to a wrong turn. I know, how could Phil, who rides this area all the time, make a wrong turn. I blame it on Old Timers Disease. For those who remember the Pony Lake Road hill, I did it again while wondering where the heck the hill came from since I thought I was back on Old Dahlonega. Finished with 32 plus miles today and 79 so far this week.

No comments: