Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hawk Spurs Me On - 1984 to go for 2008 in 2008


Twas a nice day to be off work in the afternoon and ride a few miles to get the legs working after 10 days off the bike. Made an easy 24 miles - easy if one does not count Westmoreland hill just west of where it crosses U. S. Highway 129 north of Clermont.

Was on the east end of Westmoreland and spotted a nice hawk perched in the top of a tree. As I approached, it began to give me a royal fussing out, left its perch, circled around while continuing to screech, and settled back into the same tree. It continued to screech for several more minutes until I was out of the sound range. I like to think that it was cheering me onward knowing that I still had the west side of Westmoreland to climb. Actually, was probably laughing about the aerodynamically challenged guy on a bicycle. The link below will give you a short rendition of what it sounded like.

No comments: