Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bicycling Was A Cinch This Saturday

Shaklee has finally gotten the replacement for my pre-ride meal bar released and delivered. They are delicious and come in 2 flavors. They have much the consistency of a granola bar but are a bit chewier. Lots of protein and carbs. http://www.shaklee.net/nhd/product/MealBar I had one of these and half a Cinch drink for breakfast before leaving to ride. Made 44 miles after starting about 12:30 and finished about 4:00. Used 24 ounces of Performance which is Shaklee's sports drink that was developed for Flight of the Daedalus, the 72 mile human powered airplane flight over the Agean Sea back in the late 1980's. After this ride, I only have 1940 miles to go in 2008.


Progress comes to North Hall. At the intersection of Mt. Vernon Highway and Hubert Stephens, it appears there will soon be a convenience store. Hope they have good ice cream since this is one of my frequent routes on the bicycle. Ride down Hubert Stephens toward Murrayville found me hitting over 40 mph and I was braking. If I could get the road blocked at the bridge so that I could use both lanes, I really think I could hit between 50 and 60. Yes, my life insurance is paid up.


Fitzgerlad, Georgia has nothing on Murrayville except maybe the total number of roosters roaming around. This rooster is the mascot at one of the local convenience stores on Highway 60. Was relatively friendly and given the size of the spurs, I am glad. There was a lady in a truck and she would not get out since she is scared of chickens. Don't understand that but maybe she was attacked when she was young.

View of Wauka Mountain from the west. There is a tower or two on top and years ago when I was active in Amateur Radio, I climbed most of the way to the top of one of those to work on an antenna.

Sunset near Murrayville after I had finished the ride. A good ending to the day.

No comments: