Sunday, May 18, 2008

Squirrel Power Outage or The Effects of Demon Rum

Sunday morning started out calmly enough. I threw myself out of bed about 6:40 and got ready to ride. Headed off at 7:12 and got 2/10's of a mile and noticed that something seemed strange. No sunglasses! So, back to the house, got the glasses and headed out again. Rode up to Clermont and back for a 30 mile trip. Was back at the house by 9:30 or there about since Debbie had not left for church at the point.

I had suggested that I could just ride on to church as I was leaving but there was something said that made me think that she did not want me going to the service in my bicycling best. Guess I will have to buy that tuxedo riding jersey to be able to do that. Had to come home, clean up, and use gasoline powered pickup truck to get to church.

Came home after church only to discover that the power was out and one of my squirrel sons was laying below the transformer in, what shall we say, a fried state. Now, I had talked to these squirrels many times about staying up late on Saturday night partying, eating too many snacks, and drinking that demon rum or ale as the case may be. I had told them over and over to stay off the power lines after a rough night of partying but alas, it was of no avail.

The pictures below documents what was going on at the party on Saturday but I do not have a photo of the tight wire walk across the front power line nor of the big boom that resulted when Oscar tried to go from the main to the transformer case without letting go of the main.

Services for Osacar will be held late Sunday evening with interment in the backyard. He leaves behind several brothers and sisters who have been holding a reception at the bird feeder all Sunday afternoon. He was preceeded in death by both parents who fell prey to a large hawk. If you desire visitation, I can arrange to have several of the brothers and sisters shipped to your home if you promise not to send them back.
I know there is one more drop in there. Let me at it!!!
Boys, I'm here to tell you that I can drink anyone under the oak tree. Whaz up or Wharz up?
You will notice that the boys really like Flying Dog Tire Bite also. It is their idea of revenge for the neighborhood dogs who chase them back into the trees. I hope they have learned their lesson from the passing of Oscar and will mend their evil ways.

No comments: