Monday, August 4, 2008

VIII Deer Ride

Today was quite a deer day. VIII to be exact. For a fee, I'll share where these were spotted since hunting season is coming up in just a few weeks. For now, let's just say they were scattered out in different locations in north Hall and south White counties. Below is a link to some deer poems for the reading club.
http://www.spirituallyfit.com/volume2/issue1/stories/mcnulty.htm

Today, I was able to visit a historic site that I have been by many times on Cooley Woods Road. I think the name of the site is Johnson Creek Mill. It is not really operational but has been restored. There is also a cabin that was brought in from Tennessee that is well over 100 years old.
My cousins and brother will recognize the old wagon - it might have come right off the Kyser place in Macon. Brought back memories of going to Winfield with a load of corn and coming home with ground up cow feed.

Of course, you remember Gulfpride motor oil. Would that now be BP or ???
And, how did one get through the day without a fresh matter sandwich on Merita bread and maybe washing it down with a NuGrape or Grapette. For those from the Pittsburg, TX area, you might want to replace fresh matter sandwich with Pittsburg Hot Links or from our era, Franklin's Hot Links.
Had 42 miles today to put me at approximately 99 left to hit my goal of 2008 in 2008. I may have that by the first of September so should exceed it by a couple of hundred or more miles if the weather holds. Those who would like to ride the last 8 plus miles with me should start making reservations. I think Labor Day Weekend will be the weekend for that to happen since I am only going to get to ride a couple of times between now and then unless I can work some rides in during the week.

No comments: