Saturday, February 16, 2008

Missing In Action for 30 Days

If you have not experienced the pandemic cold epedimic sweeping across north Georgia, you are not missing a thing. It has taken 3 weeks to get over whatever it was. Thanks to my Shaklee regimen, I did not end up having to go to a doctor or be hospitalized which is what would have happened 12 years ago. I did consider flying down to see Cousin Paul and get a diagnosis but after reading his recent post, I think they are now working on diagnosing the other end.

I got back on the bicycle today after being off for over 30 days and put in about 36 miles. The picture below is an old barn on Mt. Vernon Highway which was, when we moved here in 1979, what appeared to be a fairly modern dairy farm.

Below is a bit of history for the time I was missing. The Jonquils, Buttercups, or whatever you call them started blooming about 2 weeks ago. We have split bulb clusters over the years and now have about 14 different batches growing around the back yeard. Glad deer don't eat them but they are having fun a couple of times per week at the bird feeder. Am going to buy some corn and see if I can get a picture. They work early in the morning before I am up as best I can tell. I have seen 5 plus 3 or 4 fawns in the back woods.

This is an interesting geometric pattern from the last snow fall and has now gone away - global warming I guess since it went from 18 in the previous post to 67 today. Perhaps I should have stayed in instead of riding the 100 yeard bicycle ride to prove that I would ride in the snow. I might not have become a member of whatever pandemic cold outbreak hit this area.

No comments: